Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm new here.  DS (10 months) has developed food sensitivities.  Noticed with hives when he would eat certain foods (chicken, melon, bread crusts) and confirmed with blood analysis that he's allergic to eggs, wheat and peanuts.  Tree nuts were low on the IgE response but did create a little "blip," dairy was fine (yay!) and oddly, chicken was fine... </p>
<p> </p>
<p>He has a terrible rash on his face which I thought was wind burn, but it's bumpy and spreading, and it's the worst after a nursing session.  One patch looks oozy.  I don't use any skin products, we wash our clothes and sheets with Trader Joe's detergent.  He has had no previous issue with contact dermatitis.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I really don't want to put petroleum on his face and the jojoba oil I tried this morning was a disaster :hide so I'm wondering if coconut oil will work?  I use it with success on his bottom.  And I have calendula oil, too (olive oil base).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am in the process of removing the allergens from my diet, and have stopped giving him all solids (except frozen organic green beans).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Advice?  Tips?  Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
115 Posts
<p>I used Emu oil with ds when he was first born and had really, really dry skin on his forehead. Its antiinflammatory, transdermal, and super hydrating. Plus I wasnt too worried if he got it in his mouth. I used the Laid in Montana brand, I got it at a local health/vitamin store. I usually use coconut topical for fungal issues, because it has antifungal properties, which may be what the diaper area prob was. But you could do it on the face, too, and its edible, so safe, too.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts