Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get cold feet when they began using meds to TTC?
I mean nervous, not
:

I've been TTC for almost 2yrs, one would think I would be sure of this. I'm not sure what is the main issue. Maybe that I wasn't meant to have more dd, or that something bad will happen as the result of me having more dc.

I just got the meds from my OB, just have to wait for my next cycle to start (which could be another month+)

·
Registered
74 Posts
chel - I definitely have mixed feelings about starting meds! DH & I have only been trying for one year (had a chemical pregnancy in Feb), but we're both almost 37 so we went and had a fertility w/u 3 months ago. It didn't really show anything - slightly low motility for DH, and nothing abnormal for me. I've been charting for 15 months, have very regular cycles, always O, and have 2-3 days of good EWCM - so why no baby?!?

My fear is that I'm too anxious - I've been taking antidepressants for mild-moderate anxiety/depression for several years. When we started TTC I switched to zoloft which is the most prego-friendly, but doesn't work quite as well for me - plus there's the worry/stress of unsuccessful TTC while every couple weeks another friend tells me she's pg! My RE suggested meds right away, but I didn't want to take them for fear they'd make my anxiety worse (you always hear about the women who got pg AFTER they "quit trying"!). But, 3 more months of seeing AF changed my mind. So here I am on day 2 of clomid, definitely anxious (I've already cried over the IDEA of freaking out on DH or my dear sister for no reason!) but also excited because maybe this is going to do it.

For me, I don't think of it as a sign that we're not meant to have children - I've tried to look at it as a chance to realize how important it is to both of us to have them. I hope that will carry over into an appreciation of our dc and maybe a little more patience when we do have them.

Thanks for starting this thread - I'd love to talk more about this and hear from others who got over their cold feet!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think everyone gets nervous. You don't know what kinds of side effects you'll have or whether or not they'll work at all. It can be scary. But when you think your option is to try meds or never have your own biological children... well, it's hard to take that step, but you can see why so many of us take it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.