Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a cold rainy city, I will like that you tell me what do I need to buy for my ds, so we can stay playing outside no matter that for me is freezing (I come from a warm area
).

Explain with details how should I dress him. What goes underneath, what goes after and so on.....

It will start to get colder and colder, I am afraid I cover him too much or too little and then when it is really cold, I do not have more clothes or options....
I am really ignorant about it.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
L.L. bean has some rain pants that I want to get for our girls. That way we can still go out for walks in the woods and they wont get wet and then cold and miserable. They have some rain coats also that I am looking at.here

I think under the nylon water pants I will put polar fleece pants.

Then some water boots. Cabelas have some boots that are insulated to minus something that I thought would be really good for both snow and rain play. Think they where about $25.Here

I like polar fleece as even when its wet its still warm. Only thing is with it you need a windbreaker as wind goes right through fleece.

Wool is also a good choice as it also warm when wet.

Cotton is a
its cold when wet and takes forever to dry.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was thinking of those LL Bean rain pants. DH thinks I'm nuts but I'd like to be able to take DS out in the rain without having to put on yet another pair of clean pants when he comes back in. But I'm going to wait until spring because I think we'll be in snow pants soon enough :)

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
For a hat IMO would go with polar fleece or wool. Maybe wool would be better as it would tend to dry with the heat coming off the head.

The thing thats get my dh is we spend all this money to get them outfitted for cold weather then they out grow the gear. I told him that at least we can pass it all down and just buy for the oldest. Sometimes dh drives me
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.