Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My 2 year old recently broke out in cold sores all over the inside of her mouth.  Now my nipple/breast are hurting badly.  The nipple initially had 2 little red dots - these have developed into little sores.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not sure if I even want to know the answer to this, but have I gotten cold sores on my nipple now????</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can't feel any lumps like plugged ducts.  My breast hurts terribly inside when she nurses tho - as if she's sucking my insides out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been putting goldenseal ointment on topically - well just once.  Last night I put a couple of drops of oregano oil into coconut oil and put that all over the whole breast.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's not getting any better tho.  IT's not  the same to my memory as a plugged duct or mastitis. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not really sure how to proceed.  Especially since my little one since she's also suffering from the cold sore attack - her first, and really nasty - tho on the mend - she's wanting to nurse constantly, so it's creating quite a tense situation between us.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?  I'm fairly stumped.  It never occurred to me that you could pass cold sores to the breast.  WHen I googled it just now tho, I did find mention of cold sores on the breast.  Sigh.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts