Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i have some Qs about probiotics for "colic". my son was diagnosed with "colic" at age 4 mo. he never had it from 0-3 mo., which is suppossed to be typical. my diet has not ever changed since he was born. we had breastfeeding issues, which i feel are now resolved. i was overproducing, and we have been block-feeding, and i feel this has been successful. however, now my son's digestion seems to be worse lately, which is why he got diagnosed with "colic" recently. he is extremely gassy, and often wakes from naps and at night screaming. recently he went from not having a BM for 3 days to having explosive BMs sevral times a day for the past week. i have done some research which suggested that the probiotic strain l. reuteri is a cure for colic. however, as far as i can tell, this is not available for infants in the U.S. yet, although it is used for colic in europe. i found some other probiotics- country life's "maxi baby- dophilus", which is a mixture of 3 lactobacillus strains and 3 bifidobactirium strains. i gave them once (a powder i mixed with breastmilk in a bottle) and the next day my son had a strange rash in his diaper area. should i give these probiotics to my son again? can anyone tell me anything about probiotics for colic? does anyone have any suggesstions? thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts