Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I would start this for any mams that are in college, or going to be in college.

I am a nursing student (well my nursing component begins in june). I plan on getting a BSN first, then I'll got for my masters to become an NP, and maybe a CNM while I'm there. I want to be a family NP, so I will hopefully one day have my own clinic.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi I know there as a thread for college moms but not sure where it went. I am in college too on winter break right now. Just enough time to do my back burner to do list. I am getting my ECE degree and hope to open a preschool in 3-4 years.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to do so many things, I love children and I was also thik about ECE in the future but we'll see. Right now I am just trying to concetrate on being able to give birth to my son and go back to school within a week. I can't afford any time off. I have to finish my math survey class, before the end of Feb. (it is a self paced class). And I have to get a 4.0 to be able to raise my gpa, to a 3.9. So I am shooting to be finished, byt Feb 20th but hopefully sooner. Math comes easily to me so it's possible. The last self paced math class I took, got done in about 2 weeks, with an A. So hoping for the best.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Doesnt bother me I like new threads.

ugh math class not looking forward to that and I do have to take it for my degree. Tried the self pace math and did NOT do well. I was worried about my English but was 2 points from getting a B so that surprised me, hehe.

I really enjoy my ECE class. All the teachers have been doing ECE for 20+ years so they really know their stuff and I am able to do my lap in my own home daycare.

This one teacher was saying her first ECE taught how to spank a child and what tool to use. Wow glad times have changed.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts

i'm going back to school in the spring after taking a semester (and a half) off to birth + bond with my daughter. i'm majoring in microbiology.

i'll be taking...
* human sexual behaniour (a psych class)
* microbiology
* critical reasoning (a lit class)
* intro to medical terminology

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just took this semester off. I'll be taking:

math survey
math statistics (after math survey)
nutrition
anatomy and physi II lecture
anatomy and physi II lab

And in the summer I'll be taking, nursing basics (just an intro to nursing)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I am going back to school in January. At the end of the month. I too will be studing nursing, and then on to Accupuncture.

**Klothos-Whats up. I havent seeen you around in awhile. Hows the new baby girl doing? I've missed you around, although I havent been around much. Nice to see you again.

darkstar

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I'm on Christmas break now as well. Will begin my fourth semester on january 6th. For the first three semesters I was majoring in Human Services, now have transfered to Associates in Arts. Next fall will transfer as a junior to UNC @ Pembroke to major in English Education.

This next semester I am taking:

Intro to Computers (an unfortunate requirement)
Environmental Biology + a 3 hour lab
Survey of Mathmatics
American Government

and another class I can't remember...hrm...

Anyway both my husband and I are really looking forward to this next semester. He is currently a second semester junior at UNCP majoring in Social Studies Education/History.

We will be moving to Pembroke for next fall. Which brings a mix of emotions. Excitement because I want to return to efficient apartment living with central heat and air, and sadness because I REALLY love my current job as an afternoon preschool teacher.

Speaking of ECE, I have loved the classes I have taken. I have my North Carolina Early Childhood Credentials, and while taking the classes was amazed at the absolute morons who are caring for young children (btw, I have been in childcare for 10 years).

Ok, MIL is calling chat more later.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Oh I am just dying to get going on next semester! We start on the 6th and it seems forever away. For the most part I wanted to get started as it will be one semester closer to moving to Pembroke and out of out shabby little rental, and another reason is that Kailey has not been sleeping well with all of the festivities that have been keeping us on the run

The count down begins!

How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Well, I felt like a new student all over again!

For the past three semesters I have been in the Human Services Curriculum and had the same three intructors. This semester I have all new instructors- yikes!

For Math I have a instructor I knew already so that is ok, but for American History and American Government I have the strangest man. In the first section of an American History class he said that only welfare recipients take 10 a.m. classes because they are to lazy to get up earlier. He is SOOO lucky I was not in that class (heard this from another student), I about died!
I have a really cool new instructor for Environmental Biology (a class I am just DYING to jump into!), and I am taking a class called Religion in AMerica with a man who is a full time pastor, and is pretty nice so far. You can tell he is a pastor because he instructs the class like he is giving a sermon

So far all seems well. I even have assignments already in Math, American Government, REL in America, and Env BIO.

Kailey's gymnastics intructor is in my ENV BIO class and I feel so nervous.

Oh, and the outrageous thing is...I find myself "dumbing down" in front of other female students. Is that bizarre? Like I don't want them to "know" that I have brains. LOL!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I forgot to mentio nthat my husband Mark starts on the 10th as well. He is a Junior majoring in Social Studies Education. He just purchased his books on Friday- all 21 of them! He is taking a class called Sub-Saharan Africa- should be really interesting! He is at University of North Carolina @ Pembroke, I'm so jealous!

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
hi all, i am a nursing student taking care of my pre req's before nursing school.
the semester starts of monday and i will be taking
women in modern america
ethics
applying psyc
and something else...i can' rememer right how. i am soooo excited, i love school.
maya

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi, mamas.

I'm a 2nd semester nursing student. I'm really excited about this semester, we are studying OB and pediatrics.

I am also starting work as a nurse extern. Thanks goodness I'm only per diem and I only have to work 2 days/month.

After this semester I'll be half-way done. WooHoo. I'm planning on taking the summer easy and play with my boys. They have dealth with having mommy be busy so well. Thank goodness they are both in school.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hi! School starts back for us on Monday. Yikes! I am freaking out a little bit b/c I'm scared of taking chemistry. I am newly a Dietetics major. The classes I'm taking this semster are:

Chemistry I with Lab
Intro to Economics
Intro to Nutrition
Visual Marketing

Fun fun fun! Luckily one is an internet course and the other is a video course. I'm hoping the Chemistry is the only one that is really challenging. Maybe I can get dh to do the Economics for me. He already took that class with the same professer!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.