Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2007/EDUCATION/03....ap/index.html

"Magic Markers, bubble wands and jungle-animal stickers aren't often found in the average college student's backpack.

For the women of Mu Tau Rho, a new sorority for student-mothers at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, those toys are every bit as vital as laptop computers and e-mail accounts."

Cool!

·
Registered
25,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPentor View Post
That's awesome I guess. Hopefully this will help some young women get a good education. I truly don't (and never have) understood the burning desire to be in a fraternity or sorority, though.
When I was first in college, the Greek system was considered bourgeois as so many of them were considered sexist or racist in practice or origin.

Now it is back again.

Everything old is new again.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
When I was first in college, the Greek system was considered bourgeois as so many of them were considered sexist or racist in practice or origin.

Now it is back again.

Everything old is new again.
During my one semester at a small, private school there were people there saying that one of the reasons they went there was so they wouldn't have to join a frat/sorority (this school doesn't have a greek system). When I voiced my question, "couldn't you just go to some other school and not join?" they just stared at me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.