Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I cannot find any information about this. We intend to opt out and have it done privately with our family physician, with a private lab that destroys the sample after the test is performed (plus it's only once, not twice!!!)...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It says in the CO brochure parents can opt out, but that's about it. Where is the law? What's the code? Do I have to claim a religious reason? I really need to find out!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I had a homebirth, so didn't have to deal with the hospital. However, i know that if I refused the PKU that was that...no forms to fill out or anything. Our friends declined the hospital PKU and they said they were just told to follow up with their pediatrician, no forms or anything like that. I'm not sure there is a law about it, or any newborn stuff, on the books here in CO. Seems like most things, from vaxs on up, are really easy to opt out of. Vaccines are mandated for school, but there are "personal belief" exception forms that are easy to file if you don't want to vax. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>I'll ask the midwives on Friday... I'll deliver at a birthing center, however they have lots of rules still (like I had to do the glucose test, HIV test, and will have to do the GBS test or they are not allowed to treat me)... I'll update what they say!</p>

·
Registered
3 Posts
<p>I delivered at a hosp in Loveland and all i had to do was listen to the Pediatrition try to scare me into it and ask for a waiver. There is a waiver for almost everything. I signed several.....</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts