Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2.75 yr old ds has been having the yuckiest, mushiest poops lately. Ugh. This is a child who has struggled with chronic constipation, so it is a VERY noticable change. They've been accompanied by *awful* smelling gas and are just like MUD . . . First I thought he was sick, then I thought it was his new multi-vitamin . . . Now we've stopped the multi and I'm realizing that the change coincided with my colostrum starting to drizzle in. I'm 24 wks pg and have been leaking some (as I did my entire pg last time) AND I can hear ds swallowing some while nursing (1-2 times a day) after a couple of months of no swallowing.

Could the tiny bit of colostrum be making his stool like newborn consistency?!?

OMG. If that's it, we are in for a yucky 4 more months . . . and beyond! He's potty trained but will only poop in a diaper, so I have to admit that we are using only paper diapers until this clears up!
:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yes, it can definitely be from the colostrum.

In my experience, once my kids' bodies got used to the colostrum, their poops pretty much went back to normal...a little softer than normal, but not the horrifying gunk it was at first! :LOL

Hang in there...hopefully the situation will improve!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.