Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I just found sticky white stuff (colostrum?) on my breast! I've had two miscarriages, but I've never made it to second trimester before, so this is a totally new experience for me. I'll be 17 weeks on Saturday, so I'm kind of straddling this DDC and the May one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else seeing early signs of lactation?</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p>i've seen a little colostrum too--my milk had been still drying up from weaning my daughter (she is 3) so when i noticed some fullness I hand expressed to see what was going on and it was definitely a thicker more colostrum-esque substance, and just a tiny amount. wild! i don't remember seeing it so soon when i was pregnant with my daughter, but maybe i'm seeing it sooner (i'm only 13 weeks) because i'm transitioning from having milk...i'm sure other mamas of many can speak to this better than i can.</p>

·
Registered
16 Posts
<p>I had a friend that started majorly leaking at 32 weeks....and she started around 14 weeks leaking a little fluid (I guess colostrum?)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't remember having any leaking until after the birth, but maybe i did.</p>

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
<p>I can't wait for colostrum. The milk is almost gone (though dd seriously wanted to nurse 50 times today - go figure - she's prob trying to will it to come back :( and last time I didn't get colostrum until late, late, late. Maybe sooner this time? Fingers crossed.</p>

·
Registered
997 Posts
<p>My youngest DD is 5.5 but stopped nursing at 3 and I still had milk in one breast when I got preg.  Then I had milk on both sides right after getting preg.  Now I have nothing and am waiting for it to come back.  I was leaking a lot with my first two daughters (20 years ago) while preg. My youngest was adopted so while I had milk before she was born, it was due to induction of the milk to prepare for her arrival *LOL*</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts