Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my neighborhood, there is a man who does anti-circumcision activism outside a big teaching hospital. He wears a billboard with photos of adorable babies and the slogan "The Foreskin Is Not A Birth Defect," wears anti-circ T-shirts, and he hands out pamphlets which are informative, well-written, and accessable to those who might be on the fence about circumcision.

He does this for *hours* every week. He is dedicated! And I thought... wouldn't it be great to pass on the thanks of many anti-circ parents?

Please, if you have a moment, post a quick thank-you or other supportive message to him. I'll print them and deliver them to him.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think I sent an email to him once - I think he is on at least one of the public anti-circ lists. I also sent a letter to the editor when his local paper did a story on it - and it was printed.

Good work, Dan! You're an inspiration to all of us.

Love,

Penny

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Super Pickle! Yep, I'm in HP. For a little longer, anyway! We're moving next month.

Reading your other thread - the head of peds at UC was there when I had my dd. She was super-aggressive asking me why we weren't having her vaccinated for HepB. I said, "Because we don't plan to let her have anal sex with strangers." She was unimpressed, but I felt good.

So - I bet we have at least seen each other IRL. Care to disclose your secret identity on PM? :LOL

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So the activist dude is a Chicagoan? Cool!

We are in the burbs but we have two intact boys and I am so grateful for every person who works to get the word out that circumcision is unneccessary, painful, and dangerous.

Blessings to him!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
That's wonderful! I wish there was someone like that giving out information at our local hospital. Heck, not even the doctors or nurses give you any information.
:

For many parents that one little nudge and bit of information may be all they need to save their son from an unnecessary and painful surgery. I'm so glad there are people like him out there helping get the word out!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Penelope:

Can you find out if he needs donations to help him with the cost of whatever he hands out?

I would like to make a small donation if he could use it.

Thanks

(BTW, used to live in IL myself, Palos Hills to be exact. Born in Evergreen Park. Grandparents lived on SW side of Chicago)

Pam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts