Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the First Trimester Treats for Mom swap! Let's take a moment before the holidays get too crazy and treat each other to some fabulous items to pamper our gestating Goddess selves.

Sign up in this thread with your ISO by this Friday, 11/18. As we go along, PM me if you see someone that you want to send a package to. I'll let you all know who your matches are and then you have until Monday 11/28 to send your package out. Since the holidays are looming, let's make the value of this swap $15 including postage.

For those of you who are new to swapping, here's the general idea:
Anyone who is interested in participating signs up in the swap thread and posts a list of things they would want to receive (aka your 'ISO' - stands for in search of). Then you choose who you would like to send a gift to and surprise them with a package. At the same time, the person who has chosen you will be packing up some lovely treats and sending them to you! Once you receive your package, come back and post your thanks so that we know your goodies arrived safe and sound.

Please don't hestitate to post or PM me with any questions about how this works!
Let's get swapping!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I would love to join!

It's a great excuse to go buy some nice pregnant-mama pampering things that I wouldn't normally slpurge on for myself.

I could swing a limit of $10-15 or $20 including shipping...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley
I think that if we do this, we should aim for a close date of the 21st, with all packages mailed by the 28th. Is that do-able? Who's in?

please forgive my addled preggo brain, but the 21st/28th of november? if november, then i'm out, because i'm travelling from the 19th to the 26th.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenwickmama
i'm in as long as we can set a lower $$ limit?
I was thinking $10-15 or $20 with shipping like a pp said. How does that sound? I'm all for it being a lower $ amount, especailly with the holidays coming up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckymama
please forgive my addled preggo brain, but the 21st/28th of november? if november, then i'm out, because i'm travelling from the 19th to the 26th.

Yes, Novemeber (my preggo brain forgot to add that in!
). What if we changed it to close by this Friday, the 18th, and still kept the ship by date of the 28th? Would everyone be ok with that?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley
I was thinking $10-15 or $20 with shipping like a pp said. How does that sound? ... What if we changed it to close by this Friday, the 18th, and still kept the ship by date of the 28th? Would everyone be ok with that?
sounds good to me. and if it's to close on the 18th, then i'm in! i just won't have internet from the 19th - 26th ...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
i'd like to join in too. ive never done this before so i have NO idea how it works. keep me posted

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Oh, I totally misunderstood how this works. I thought we would be posting things we could provide, not things we want. Hmm, well, *hint, hint* if anyone is in search of artisanal chocolates made by hand right from the beans, that's what I was planning to offer. There is a place near me called Soma that has lots of yummy things that would travel well, like candied ginger dipped in chocolate, a Mayan hot chocolate mix, etc.

As for things I could use, I was planning to hunt around for:

- a belly cream/butter, preferably with a neutral, light or citrus scent

- (copying the idea from Jen) a Belly Hugger in size M or L, either black or white

- pretty, silky scarves in deep colours (red, blue, green, yellow, etc.), preferably without fringe

And a no-shipping-required option:

- a gift card* to Chapters or amazon.ca (not amazon.com) so that I can pick out a new book to read

*I would list a book, but new books are usually CDN$22, which is just over the US$15 swap limit. However, for interest, I am coveting this one whose waiting list at the library is obscenely long.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~pi
Oh, I totally misunderstood how this works. I thought we would be posting things we could provide, not things we want.
There are swaps like this but I think they are called reverse swaps. We could definitely do the next swap that way!

I just had a thought too for jinkel, Maria and any others outside the US (well, for everyone really but especailly these folks). If you don't want to deal with the cost of out of country postage or shipping to you would be too expensive, what about listing a local website or two that has something you might want? Then your person could buy straight from the site and have it shipped to you. And you could do the same for whomever you get matched up wth.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
my iso: anything for morning sickness
red raspberry leaf tea
organic dark chocolate
yarn (i'm thinking soakers so LB fisherman's wool-usu around $8)
koolaid packets (for dyeing wool)
belly butter
candle-vanilla

ok, so paisley/jen, we let you know who we want to swap with (obviously once others have had a chance to list iso) and you'll make sure that everyone gets matched up with someone?
this sounds fun!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.