Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my Longies today!
I am so excited! I can't believe I took a big 'ol string and made it into pants.

Longies!

Bret wearing the Longies!
(Not the best pic of him... he is eating a fudgesicle and he put that hat on himself... he looks kind of silly I think!)

They are a bit big... I had to roll up the cuffs. Other than that they fit him great! Plenty of room for dipes and they look so gosh darned cute! YAY!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
What a cutie! And nice knitting job! I am going to have to break down and get that pattern. I want to do a black pair or two for under my little one's winter dresses. She wears them with her little black Elefanten boots...bet that would be really cute!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pb_and_j
They are a bit big... I had to roll up the cuffs. Other than that they fit him great! Plenty of room for dipes and they look so gosh darned cute! YAY!!!
Definately too big

You NEED to sell those to someone whose son is just a bit taller than Mr. Magic Butt, and make another pair that fit him perfectly. 'Cause if you're gonna knit, it's gotta be to perfection [subliminal message deleted in anticipation of some rule violation]

Karla

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone!
I am pretty proud of myself b/c I am a beginning knitter. But I have a great yarn shop and the ladies there helped me a bunch on the harder stuff. That's where I got my yarn and needles from too. The pattern is from Theresa of Little Turtle Knits (she is Knittin' in the Shade on here). Her pattern is easy to follow and she includes an appendix w/ directions on all the stitches you need to know for the pattern. It took me about 3 wks I think to knit them, but I messed up a bunch, esp in the beginning. I could probably do them in about a week and a half or 2 wks now that I know what I'm doing!

Kasumi, they are knit in the round. You use circular needles for the body and then double pointed needles for the legs.

Morwenna~ I think they would look awesome in black w/ little boots under skirts! Makes me want a girl... *sigh*

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lifetapestry
Definately too big

You NEED to sell those to someone whose son is just a bit taller than Mr. Magic Butt, and make another pair that fit him perfectly. 'Cause if you're gonna knit, it's gotta be to perfection [subliminal message deleted in anticipation of some rule violation]
:LOL Karla you are too much!

·
Registered
827 Posts
GREAT JOB JULIE!!! SOOOOOOOOO CUTE and the baby is also

Now i wish i could get off the top of the soaker so i can go and buy the longie pattern

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.