Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the mini pill for 6 months, but have decided to come off it because I think it's making me a big crazy. I had 1 PP AF in Dec when I started the pill, but nothing since then. We've decided to TTC for a few months before we'd have to stop for 6 (moving next year don't want baby right before/after move).

I am trying to understand what I can expect from my body. Will I likely O right away, in a few weeks, will I get a period right away? For some background I have always been very regular and fertile. Both my boys were conceived 1st month of trying, 1 right after coming off reg pill. I'm sure it can be a bit different for everyone, but I am wondering what others experienced.
Thanks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm interested in hearing about this as well. We're planning to try for number 2 in about 6 months. I'm on the mini-pill and will be coming off around Christmas. I wonder how long it will take my cycle to regulate and be able to conceive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have come off the mini pill 3 times after using it 1-2 years between each pregnancy. The first time it took nearly 3 months to ovulate, the second time about a month and this last time I ovulated almost immediately. Then my cycles have gone back to being pretty regular and easy to predict. So for me it has varied quite a bit, but once it has worn off I have been able to conceive in just a couple months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts