Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey smartie mamas.

I was chatting witha friend of mine who is a long term (read: obsessive) CDer. I told her I was planning to use mostly FBs, since I do not have the patience to care for wool and DH has NO desire to learn to use prefolds. Fitteds are hella expensive, and FB are cute and readily available, so it seemed like a go to me.

So she rolls her eyes and says, "Oh, there is SO much better stuff out there, don't be lazy! Go for the good stuff!"

I tried to explain to her that I just do not want to spend the 20+ for a firefly, or deal with washing wool, or sit at my comp hitting refresh waiting for stores to stock. Do you see anything "wrong" with FB? Is she being a "diaper snob", or am I being naive?

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mamas. I actually have some HHs on order. Wonderoos scare me, actually- so many snaps!! And, I did a little bit of hyena- i am IN LOVE with Snap-ez pockets.

You're right, I am still expecting, but I was inspired to CD by a neighbor whose DD I would babysit for all the time. I was so amazed at how easy her diapers were- this is the friend who bugged me. She has a HUGE stash, her DH jokes that its worth more than their car. But when I babysat for her, I always reached for the pockets because I knew that a) I could get them on quickly and b) I could stuff them depending on what we were doing or where we were doing. Trim? super absorbant? I REALLY liked the versatility of the diaper. So, I am imagining that that is what I will like on this babe too. Plus, the smell of wet wool makes my stomach turn, and as much as I would love a PWP or SOS, I think I would be so bummed to put a cover on it.

Stripping/repelling does scare me, but I guess I'll learn, right? If stalking was easier I would get ALL Snap-ez with suedecloth inners, but those are some tough diapers to get. Seems every time I plant myself by the puter to stalk, DS1 manages to put himself in some sort of bodily peril (the only thing that could tear me away from the screen!)

This is tougher than I thought, or at least more overwhelming. Maybe I wil put the shopping on hold until Theo is born and I get a better idea of his shape.

Thanks, though. . .this is what I needed to hear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.