Mothering Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

· Registered
5,777 Posts
Congrats on having a new baby soon!

I just wanted to add that while tons of people love FB they didnt work for us at all - just didnt fit Maxi right and it really bugged me that the fleece got pilly and ugly looking after just a few washes (I just dont really like micro fleece at all - nothing against FB).

So my point is, and the best advice I can give for CDing in general, dont go with just one thing until you try a few out. Every baby is soooo different (shape, size, frequency and amount of peeing/pooping) that what works or doesnt work for one baby may or may not work for yours.

So have a little fun, experiment and see how it goes! You can probably actually spend less on fitteds and covers (non-wahm) than on FB once you factor in inserts.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

· Registered
681 Posts
Well, she may have been being practical and not snobby...I am not a diaper snob by any means. I have tried fitteds, but I just love love love prefolds and flats, and we mostly use wool and soakers that I make. Still, I might make such a comment about fb's cause I HATE artificial fibers. Many people love them, and swear by them, but I hate fleece. I have never been able to keep it non-repellant, no matter how many detergents I use, even the recc one! And, IMNHO, once repellant, you cannot strip them. Also, I don't like the possibility that there are weird chemicals used to make the stuff, and I just don't like any fleece or pul or nylon or polyester against my son's sensitive skin. That is me though! I don't like knocking any system as even a prefold and prorap system(what I had at first) is awesome! But, that is my personal take on fleece! Still, you may have a great experience with them, so give them a try!

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.