Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat has a history of having allergic reactions to foods. He ends up with scabs all over his skin because of something that seems to be present in almost every food we've tried. He can eat the sensitive skin dry food, but I'd like to find a wet food that won't create skin problems for him. What ingredients are known to cause this kind of problem in some cats? I can't find a sensitive skin-specific wet food, so I'll just have to read ingredients. I just don't know what to look for!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Corn can be an issue with some cats. Back when I was first investigating a food change for my 4 I looked into Wysong. Now there is also Innova Evo that comes in a can. I chose to get a grinder and make my own cat food, but if I had to feed a commercially available food now it would be Innova Evo.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Sometimes it is grains like corn, wheat, or soy. Sometimes it is artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
One of my cats can NOT eat seafood, too. Or he loses hair and gets horrible urinary problems where it is painful for him, and he acts like it's a bladder infection and will try to pee for an hour without any luck.

So we always check our labels for their food (and ours!
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.