Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Mama friends, my little family of three is moving to Coeur D'Alene, ID from Georgia in January. My husband is an RN and got a job at the hospital there. I'm looking to find some like-minded friends and of course, some non-like-minded friends to visit with in CDA/Hayden/Spokane.

A bit about me - I'm 30, have been married nearly 6 years, and have a little nearly two year old girl named Agnes. We love being outside, reading books, playing music, singing, fellowshipping, and much more. I'm a full time mama who enjoys good coffee, baking, knitting, letter writing, books, and am learning to sew. I am seriously planning to homeschool Agnes, using classical education methods, so it would be wonderful to meet homeschooling mamas.

If you could, tell me a bit about what you really enjoy, and what you dislike, about the area. I'm still learning, primarily from the internet and some forums.

Also, could anyone recommend some good midwives/naturopathic doctors/naturopathic pediatricians or family practitioners in the area? I'd be so very grateful!

Hope you are all well!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi, I'm Rachel. Not from idaho, but moving there (hopefully!) in march or possibly a little later. I have a 7yo and a 4mo. I don't homeschool, but I do prefer the country type of lifestyle. I like growing my own food, cooking all our meals, and baking. I crochet and loom knit as well (I can knit with needles but find a loom easier and more convenient.) I can sew... but hate it. Lol. I'd like it more if I owned a serger. I can help you with sewing though if you need any pointers. I've been doing it since I was a teen on a machine and by hand since I was a child. I love doing other crafts such as paper crafts (when I have time.) I'll most likely be living in spirit lake or south of there. (That's about 30 mins from you according to Google maps anyway.)

I've never been to idaho (besides a visit to Moscow as a teen.) So I can't really comment on the area or anything. I've spent a lot of time in eastern Washington though growing up as we went there on trips in both winter and summer. I live and have lived in the puget sound area all my life. Pretty sick of it as it rains or is cloudy much of the year.

Anyhow, feel free to message me if you'd like to chat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I'm Hannah from North Spokane, I have two daughters ages 7,9 and trying for a third. I homeschool and can get lonely at times I would love to find mamas to hang out with. I love coffee, gardening, baking, cooking and trying new things. I am fairly outgoing and an energetic person. Anyone out there want to get together?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts