Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting my DD a computer program. She's keenly interested in the computer, because it's mommy's favorite "toy". I know w/ experience about other objects that a substitute toy won't be particularly effective at distracting her from it.

Can anyone suggest a good program? I saw one at Target, I don't remember the brand, but it didn't use Disney or Nickelodeon or other uber-marketing characters and was part of a series that ran from Toddlers (18 mos-3yrs) thru Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, etc. It was $30 there so if I get it I'll probably shop around and find a better price...

·
Registered
137 Posts
We like the reader rabbit software too!
Check out this link for great prices on childrens educational software. http://www.smart-estore.com/default....7297&c=WMD4012
i believe this link is for the free software just pay shipping. We've ordered from this site several times.
i didn't like the little bear software as much as i liked reader rabbit. We have both the toddler and preschool and they are both great!

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Check out the games at www.uptoten.com, particularly the Boowa and Kwalaa stuff. Talia loves them! Click on "UpToTen Kids", then "Play on-line in the UpToTen Kids Safe Window". It opens up a window that kids can't navigate out of, so they can't accidentally surf the web.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patchouligirl, thank you for that link!

I had been looking at the JumpStart Advanced Toddler, which retails for thirty bucks but I found on Amazon for $17, but at $2.97 it's hard to argue with getting Reader Rabbit, especially since y'all recommended it! And I still have a few bucks to get her a real toy, lol!

I wouldn't have gotten the Little Bear program. I've seen the cartoon, and found it both insipid and dull.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i've ordered from smart e-store too- however, my games didn't come in the allotted 4 weeks allowed for shipping. when i contacted them, they re-sent them and i got them in a few days- for $3 a game, can't argue. but BEWARE of alphabet express- it sucks, big time. crummy content, old looking graphics, definately not fun.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At this age I can't see having more than one computer program for her. Although like I said I really liked the look of the JumpStart series. If I'm sick of Reader Rabbit when DD is ready for the next level, I'll probably go w/ JumpStart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.