Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts

My DD (9.5 yo) enjoys these online games http://www.girlsgogames.com/games/simulation.html
The games I've seen her play seem pretty benign, fun and somewhat educational. I also like these games b/c she can play them without having an account or assigning herself a name. There was a game DD played on AnimalPlanet that enabled her to give herself a name. The kids ended up using that space to "talk" to each other and it got pretty crude, so I nixed that. (DH and I don't want our DD interacting with others online. That's just the way our family does things.)

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response! After doing some research the last two weeks, I have decided to get them a month membership each to Fantage. I have selected a "no chat" option so they takes care of them talking to others. They really enjoy that site, especially my daughter because she can play the games, earn "money" and then buy whatever outfit she likes for her avatar. There's even a game called the "fashion show" where she can dress up with her outfits and costumes! It's a really cute site and safe as well. They just recently won some award from the children's technology review!

· Registered
1 Posts
The activities I've seen her play appear to be harmless, entertaining, and informative.ie, Kidcore Games for Girls - Cute Dress Up from this website, I also enjoy that she can play these games without having to create an account or give herself a name. DD has a game on AnimalPlanet that allowed her to identify herself. I ended up removing the place since the kids were using it to "speak" to each other, and it became quite vulgar. (My husband and I do not want our daughter to engage with strangers online. That's how our family operates.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts