Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tix to the Dave Matthews concert that is coming up near me, and I REALLY wanted to go. We haven't left DD with anyone yet, and I wasn't really planning to, but hubby wigged out a bit when I told him I was planning on wearing her for the whole concert. Should I stay home?? I was thinking that I'd get earplugs for her, even though we aren't THAT close. Advice??

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
i really dont know - that is a tough one

if it were outside, i would say go for it, but it might get really really loud, even with the ear plugs inside. and i know that being adult (or even teens) we get used to something loud pretty fast but i dont know how that would effect a baby....

dave's music reletively mellow, but even still - thats a tough call

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
ear plugs would not suffice - you would need headphone-style noise reducers. Good luck finding high quality ones - we've been looking for a few years for toddler-sized ones that work (I know they are out there b/c Gwyneth takes Apple to Coldplay concerts and she wears them - but she was over a year at the time).

I think it's too loud, and also would likely be smokey and unless there is assigned seating, concerts can be pushy and crowded. If you have someone you trust, you could leave her for a few hours - come late to the concert and leave early, so you minimize the time away, pump a few bottles. If you aren't comfortable leaving her, you should stay home. Unless it's a really mellow outside concert where you could be *VERY* far from the stage and the sound would be very diffuse by the time it reached you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I say go for it! DS has been to a few shows in his 8.5 months here on earth and he LOVES it! We bought him a pair of headphones that really do muffle the noise and block the loud sound (they're adjustable, so I tried them on to see what DS hears...they do work!).
We took DS to a music festival when he was4.5 months old - it was a weekend long event and he had a great time (despite tons of rain, ah well). It was an outdoor venue, but the music was still loud. The other few concerts DS has seen have been outdoor venues as well - those are the only ones I feel ok taking him to. We wear him in our mei tai and let him out to crawl around during music breaks.
So, if you really want to go and are prepared for it - i say go and have a great time!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.