Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide what the real chances of pregnancy are here, help me out.

The other night after we DTD, DH's condom was barely on--maybe covering the last inch or so. I chart and knew I was really close to O'ing (I did O about 24-36 hours later). I told DH I thought the chance of PG was small (since condom had not slipped totally off) and I was okay with it as long as we were making that decision together. We did talk about the emergency contraceptive pill but I didn't really want to take it. I let DH decide, as he is the one who's more paranoid about a surprise pregnancy, and amazingly he told me not to to worry about it.

Now I am obsessing about it though! I am not sure what I am hoping for but I need objective opinions. Only time will tell, but any thoughts?

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Since you O'd a day or two later, pg is certainly a possibility. But keep in mind that, even for couples TTC, it doesn't always happen even when everything is lined up "right."

How many DPO are you right now?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only 1 DPO. I have a lot of time left to wonder about this.

I know I've read that even when everything is perfect, the chances of PG are only 1 in 4. But for us, both times we've been TTC'ing and have had sex within 24 hours of O, we've gotten PG. So...

I wonder if we should start abstaining during my fertile times. That will stink but this is the second month in a row I've been paranoid and I am not feeling very confident in our judgment/barrier methods right now.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Was most of the ejaculate in the condom? If you've seen it in the condom enough times before, you can usually get an idea of the amount by looking at it, kwim?

The chance is there of course. With that said, if it just started to slip off, you'd have to have some very fertile CM and his swimmers would have to really power up to swim the way up inside from what you describe.

That said, DH and I abstain 3-4 days pre-O and one day post-O. We use condoms every other time, but during O - if we DTD w/ a condom, I am freaked for the next twelve days until AF shows.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mfp02. I didn't see the condom so I don't know if it looked like it was all "contained"--it probably was since DH was not incredibly concerned. He is pretty cautious. I can see why you abstain at that time, even when nothing like this happens I am always a little on edge if we've DTD with a condom or fooled around near O time. No method is perfect, after all...

4 DPO now and I am not thinking about it as much. When it is time for AF to arrive next week I'm sure it will be on my mind again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts