Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we had a preggo confessions thread I thought I'd start this one for our new guilty pleasures

My biggest confession right now: my baby is shedding her top layer of skin like a snake and I can't stop peeling her
: DH keeps yelling at me to stop but it's sooooo easy to peel and so satisfying when a big strip comes off...

Also, I love changing the baby's diapers. The contrast between EBF baby poop and solid food-eating toddler poop is... significant. So DH is pretty much handling the toddler poops on his own. Bad mommy!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
aw, those aren't bad :-D

here's mine. when his cord was dangling by a thread of slimy cordishness, I snipped it with my fingernail. The stink! geez.

I'm sure I have more... bbl

·
Registered
879 Posts
O.K. this'll probably earn me permanent entry into the horrible mom's club, but...I really, really do NOT enjoy the newborn period. I find it boring and completely draining. I absolutely cannot WAIT until these guys are 4-6 months old, or older. I now recall how much I didn't enjoy it with my daughter, either. Every day feels like I'm just biding time...
There, I've said it!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
OMG, I swear I was going to start this exact thread today!

Mine are:

1. I miss sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time!

2. My son doesn't like the sling or the baby bjorn. I remember my oldest being like this so I'm trying to be patient. I need my freaking hands! He also seems to prefer to be put down a lot (!!!)...totally unlike ds1. He actually LIKES being in his car seat and watching everything. I'm worried that he won't be a snuggler like ds1!

3. I was so frustrated with his constant nursing (and my sore nipples) that at 2am the other night I shoved a pacifier in his mouth to get him to sleep. It worked. I haven't used it since but it is very tempting...

4. I'm sick of his gassiness. If he is not eating or sleeping, he is pretty much crying and farting.
: My diet can't get more bland. Hoping this passes (literally) soon.

I know it sounds like I'm miserable, but I am actually quite happy. Nathan sleeps 10000000 times better than ds1 so I'm thrilled. Other than the above, life is good!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Quote:
O.K. this'll probably earn me permanent entry into the horrible mom's club, but...I really, really do NOT enjoy the newborn period. I find it boring and completely draining. I absolutely cannot WAIT until these guys are 4-6 months old, or older. I now recall how much I didn't enjoy it with my daughter, either. Every day feels like I'm just biding time...
There, I've said it!
I tend to agree with you - and hello? You have it twice as bad with twins! Cut yourself some slack!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New one for today: I'm already ignoring my baby's doctor.

We switched to a family practitioner and she launched into a major vaccine lecture during our first appointment today. I hadn't said a WORD about vaccines so I'm curious as to why she felt the need to rant, but this went on for a good 15 minutes and made me so very very tired...

Anyway I take everything the medical community has to say with a grain of salt these days so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

(short aside: when we arrived at the office DD was cranky from riding in the car all of 5 minutes, so I started nursing her. We were called right away so without bothering to unlatch her I walked through the whole waiting room flashing everyone
)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjcolorado
There, I've said it!
Hey I can see where having two would be totally exhausting! Let's face it, newborns don't do much. They are floppy little stomachs, basically. And if you have a toddler demanding your attention too that makes life difficult! Personally I don't think this qualifies for entry into the horrible mom club at all

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I love the floppy newborn period, and I'm mourning every day that passes since this is my last.

My confession is my diet.
: We have been so busy that we have been eating way too much junk. Plus, I can't seem to get enough chocolate. Candy bars, cookies, ice cream -- it doesn't matter. Pregnant it was fruit cravings, now chocolate. Not good for post partum weight loss.

I also hate this one handed typing.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I am ready to sell my toddler to gypsies. She's driving me nuts.
:

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I'm too tired to care.

We're battling thrush and I can't seem to stop eating sugar.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
DS is congested and I don't think I should be taking this much pleasure in cleaning his nose out with the suction bulb. For some reason, I really enjoy getting a good wad of snot out of his nose, and it isn't just because it helps him breathe better.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Snarky

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I'm too tired to care.

ours was yesterday and I don't think either one of us cared much.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quagmire - I had exactly the same thing with peeling her skin off!! SO satisfying...unfortunately she's all moisturised now...

And Jish - I love this period too, also think it's the last and also am eating absurd amounts of chocolate....

·
Registered
610 Posts
I love the newborn period!!
: It is when they get to my dd's age that I want to sell them to the gypsies!
She is driving me crazy and there are times that I seriously feel like I am loosing it with her. She's only 14 months so I guess she's still a baby herself but I swear that she is doing some of these things just to make me crazy! She's getting up in the night and drags everything out all day. I haven't cleaned the house for a while and it looks like a pigpen. I am using paper plates at meal times and I just realized that I need to go put the supper in the crockpot or we will be eating nothing for supper!!
I am also feeling mad at dh about silly things- like him saying not to use the credit card and then he uses it to buy $300 worth of products for his hair loss and being aq bit crabby when I used it for a rocking chair that I had been asking him for since before dd was born and never got so I bought it myself!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm right there with the sugar craving gang! After birth, I had a YI from the abx I had during labor for GBS, then I had another round of abx at 3 wks PP for mastitis and even though I know I'm not supposed to eat sugar with abx and yeast issues, I can't stop myself. I simply take double the dose of probiotics and continue on my sugar craze!

·
Registered
961 Posts
* I've started a dairy elimination diet b/c Isaiah keeps spitting up, but last night I had a slice of cheese on my burger, I gave in to temptation.

* I love peeling his skin, too. And picking his nose.

* He already has a couple of boo-boos from DD scratching him

* He spits up 2-3x after each feeding, so I've been leaving him in just a diaper b/c I'm tired of going through a dozen outfits a day.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm tired. I miss sleeping. We have a slight case of thrush but I can't stay away from sugar. IT's sooo good. DS wants my attention and I just can't give all to him right now. I'm exhausted. I too love getting the snot out of DD2's nose. It'll be nice when she sleeps through the night.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by butterfly_mom
We have a slight case of thrush but I can't stay away from sugar. IT's sooo good. DS wants my attention and I just can't give all to him right now.
ditto on the thrush/sugar - & dairy - actually, after i figured out we were battling thrush, i still ate a pint of ice cream.
and ditto on not being able to give my attention to ds - i find my temper is short with my 3 year old and my dh, as is my patience. i hate that.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DD hums and grunts really loudly while she nurses. It's really cute... but only during the daytime feedings
:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hate not having patience sometimes. I feel like i'm being spread thin right now. I could use about another two of me.

I love the cute grunting noises when DD2 nurses. Absolutely cute!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Confession #1-so hankering for a cool blended Margarita complete with Jose! Even though as a personal rule I don't want to have liqour for the first 3 months nursing (no reason, just personal issue
)

#2-would love for those with gypsies to send them over, my toddler could use a vacation with the gypsies too! He's driving me batty, at least today he is 'resting' during quiet time, normally he screams bloody murder!

#3-The baby acne is driving me crazy

#4-I love the noise Neva makes when she is working on a big ol' poop. She's so serious about it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts