Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the "Beauty and Meaning of the Family Bed" thread and it was beautiful. It brings me hope and much envy. Our family bed is a bit different. Dd sleeps great until I come to bed, then she needs me all night long. She sits up while sleeping then opens her eyes and crawls on top of me to go back to sleep. Or she crys in her sleep just enough to wake me up, but she doesn't fully wake up. Then she really wakes up and is ready to party and I hold her to get her back to sleep, finally she is sleeping!!! Then dh comes to bed which wakes me up a bit. Out of the darkness the cat jumps onto the bed and meows relentlessly until dh gets up to put him out of the room. I rock dd back to sleep again while the cat stands outside the door and cries. Suddenly it is morning. None us are really rested (forget WELL rested). Its comical, but its exhausting and its taking a toll. I don't want to give up on the family bed, but I admit there are times I kick myself for not having dd sleep in a crib from the beginning. I'm not about to make the transition now. Don't get me wrong, there are moments when she is curled up next to me when all is right with the world. But i am so. very. tired. Does anyone have similar issues? I feel like I'm on candid camera.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts