Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: I bought 3 wonderoos because they were on sale and they are adjustable, etc. well, I didn't realize they are pocket diapers. How do pocket diapers work? (yes, i'm new to this and completely clueless) I searched for info and so I understand you have to "stuff" them. What are the advantages/disadvantages of this style of diaper? What is best to stuff them with? Can I use something around the house to save money (like receiving blanket pieces, etc) or buy something cheap? Baby is due in about 4 weeks and I didn't use cloth with my first so I know nothing. My thought was to use all AIO's since they will be easiest but it seems like Wonderoos are very economical if they are absorbent enough.

OK enough rambling....help!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You can stuff them with prefolds. You can stuff them with Joeys, or other like hemp products. You can also go to Wal Mart into the automotive section and buy some microfiber towels. They are white and blue. you can also use terry washcloths, I am sure.

Just don't overstuff to where you don't get a good fit.

Good luck and enjoy the dipe!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Pockets rock! They are the closest this to sposies (functionally) that you can get, I think. Very hubby friendly.

Stuff with whatever you can find - washcloths work well in a pinch. Hemp is the most absorbant for the bulk but prefolds are excellent too. Like the PP said, don't overstuff (so the legs gape) or the pee will just run out.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I find that a hemp doubler like a joey bunz or some sort of doubler inside of a cotton prefold works really well and makes a trim fit. For my xl diapers I use a large joey bunz with a regular prefold folded around it. This is easy to care for and works great for around the house when I don't need them super trim. A Hemparoo prefold or something of that nature when folded works super well and makes for a super trim diaper. A little more expensive to set up in my experience, and I find hemp takes a little more care and has the stink factor after a while. This is what works for us. HTH

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks everyone!
Glad to know pocket diapers are easy
I will either go to the store and get fabrics mentioned or get some next time I place an online order. If these Wonderoos work well, I will get lots of them!

Thanks again...this board is fantastic

·
Registered
994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabtt
If these Wonderoos work well, I will get lots of them!
Just don't get discouraged if they don't fit your newborn the right way right away. I've found that they are great dipes for babies who are at least in a size small.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts