Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Would welcome any help / advice!
I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first, & am keen to try and use hypnobirthing if possible. Money's a bit tight, & so we've not been to any lessons / courses but I've read hypnobirthing by Marie Mongan & have been listening to the rainbow relaxation CD...

My question is ... (I'm hoping there are wise people out there & I'm asking in the right place...)

.. Usually when I'm listening to the rainbow relaxation I don't feel like anything special is really happening, but then I fall asleep! Is that ok? (Do I need to be in an exactly special position as described by the book and stay totally still?)

I'm also a bit confused by what the book says about the birthing affirmations - can I choose each day between listening on the CD & saying them outloud / husband reading them to me?

Thank you very much in advance :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I did hypnobabies, so I am unsure about hypnobirthing, but basically falling asleep was OK. However, the instructor said at least once, make sure that you listen to it once when you won't fall asleep - standing up if need be - just so that you have heard the content once. After that time, you can fall asleep =)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I also did Hypnobabies and fell asleep to every track :) some I would make it a little farther into it but eventually I would pass out. I did them on my back or side so I was as comfortable as possible.

With the Hypnobabies affirmations, I would just play them in the car everyday on my way to work or running errands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts