Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went in for an appointment with an OB since I can't see my midwife for awhile .... I saw the nurse for about 2 minutes when they decided I should have my hCG levels checked ... I went over and gave them blood & went back to the waiting room for almost another hour waiting for results... I go back in with the nurse & she tells me the doc had to go deliver a baby so he wouldn't be seeing me ... my hCG was in the 6-7 week range... though I knew I was further than that ... so they had me make an ultrasound appt and said they'd call to set up my "first" appt with them after the ultrasound results came back... I didn't do anything with them as far as a first appt... no history or anything ... not even a script for prenatals ...<br><br>
I had my ultrasound that put baby at 11 w 4 days (2 days more than my LMP - perfect) ....<br><br>
Well... this morning I get a call that I missed from the nurse... she wants me to call and make an appt for 6 weeks from now.... I'm almost 12 weeks ... so I'd be like 18 weeks at my first appt?? I don't get why they don't want a first trimester appt when I never had one the day it was set up....

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's really strange. When you call back to make the appointment can you say that you never got to see the doctor at your 1st "appointment" and that you'd like to see someone sooner. Maybe if you say you have questions/concerns you'd like to discuss they'll get you in sooner.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
That doesn't sound right. Maybe the nurse had the wrong info and thought you were in the 6 weeks range, which sounds about right...since they would want to see you at 11-12 weeks, most likely. I would definitely ask about this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I'm thinking ...... because by 18 weeks... haven't you normally seen your OB about twice...<br><br>
I guess I'll find out on Monday... I couldn't get a hold of his nurse again & I want to talk to her before I make another appt. I'd like to see him soon to hear a heartbeat ... The ultrasound tech didn't even let us listen to it.... that was the strangest thing I've ever had done..... She just did the pick up on it... and measure the length & said it's 165 ... and went on...I only know baby is alive because I could see s/he moving around like crazy ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts