Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This whole clomid experience is really starting to confuse me!
Lately, my cycles have been about 25 days long. This past month was my first clomid cycle. Here I am on day 23 and what appears to be AF has started. (sorry if it's TMI, but it's not like spotting in that there are some very small globby looking things, too) I experienced some sharp pains in the ovary area this morning for a few minutes, but it quickly dissipated.

Now I was told by my doc that if anything, AF would come LATER due to the clomid.

Anyone have ANY idea of what's going on???

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, if you ovulated early, as you believe you did, an early period would make perfect sense (and likely be proof of early ovulation, as if you didn't ovulate, wouldn't your cycle be longer?).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My AF also came about 3 days early the first month on Clomid, because I had ovulated earlier. Sounds like we had very similar experiences....unfortunately!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leave it to you all to ease my mind! i thought I was going crazy...

it's strange b/c what I thought to be AF seems to have stopped. I haven't seen a trace of AF today except for early early this morning. By the way it looked last night, she was here for the cycle... <shrug>

I just don't know.... I guess I can't consider any of this CD1 until I have regular flow, though, right? (my doc office goes with the theory that CD1 is the day that regular flow starts 12 am -12 am)....

Is that how it works? If you don't ovulate your cycle would be longer?

THanks for responding...my internet access is sporadic as we are on vacation right now :)

We shall see what the next few days hold...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts