Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I decided to start testing for O this month, my DS will be 1 on the
30th! Anyway, my AF started on the 8th of July, so I began testing on the
21st(13 days past). I have still only gotten a light line beside a dark comparison line? That would make today 17 days past first day of AF
: What is the latest O comes? Or may I have not O'd this month?? I don't get it
: I wanna be preggo, but what if I am not Oing? Goodness...any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
TIA!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
How long is your cycle normally? Usually but not always you O somewhere midcycle. You may have just started using the test too late and missed it. Are you charting and temping? Those are the most accurate ways of determining O. I have had no luck with the OPKs or the scope. But I know from my chart I am Oing. Checking cervical mucus is another must in my book for knowing when O is near and here.
HTH

·
Registered
757 Posts
The only time I ever got a dark line on an OPK is when I POAS in the afternoon around 2 or 3pm...I think the instructions actually say to not use first morning urine. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I've ovulated as long as 21 days into my cycle. I would continue to use the OPK's as well as observe your body's signs. You might have o'ed really early, day 11 or 12 or you still might be gearing up. Do you chart temps?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was using an OPK for the first time this month too. I started testing on day 9 of my cycle and just got a positive yesterday, day 20. I always thought I O'd around day 14-15, but definintely not this cycle.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really apreciate all of the responses. My normal AF starts on the 8th of every month since it came back(7 months pp
: ) I am breastfeeding which I know can affect it also, but I thought I could start testing since I had AF and REALLY want another baby
: Anyway, it is day 20 and I still can't get a positive on these stupid and expensive tests
: I don't know how to chart or temp, it just seems soooo confusing
: I tried to go to Fertility friend, but sometimes I feel like I am reading Greek and frustrated that I can't just be patient and let it happen, ya know? I do appreciate all of the feedback and help! Keep it coming though, I need a new bump

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
You might try just testing for O on days when you've got fertile-quality CM. Reading around on here, regular menstral periods can take awhile to start up after breastfeeding. It might be way more than your usual 30 days or so before AF shows up again.

Temping's most effective if you can get at least 3 hours of sleep each night before the same wake-up time. Like if you could nearly always sleep from midnight to 3 AM you could do it, but not so much if you randomly were able to sleep from 8 to 1 and then 10 to 3 and then 9 to 2 and then 1 to 5. But using CM to tell when ovulation might be approaching and then using the OPKs to confirm would also work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts