Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is from AoA, but you can bypass the site and go straight to CSPAN, Mr. Posey starts at 1hr 02 mins 29 secs.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327309-1/us-house-morning-hour&live=

Dr Thompson provided a written statement and a transcript of what Dr Posey read is in the comments section of the AoA article. http://www.ageofautism.com/2015/07/...rs-of-2004-mmr-paper-destroyed-documents.html

Here is an excerpt:

"We all met and finalized the study protocol and analysis plan. The goal was to not deviate from the analysis plan to avoid the debacle that occurred with the Verstraeten thimerosal study published in Pediatrics in '03. At the September 5th meeting we discussed in detail how to code race for both the sample and the birth certificate sample. At the bottom of Table 7, it also shows that for the non-birth-certificate sample, the adjusted race effect statistical significance was huge. All the authors and I met and decided sometime between August and September '02 not to report any race effects for the paper. Some time soon after the meeting we decided to exclude reporting any race effects, the co-authors scheduled a meeting to destroy documents related to the study. The remaining four co-authors all met and brought a big garbage can into the meeting room and reviewed and went through all the hard-copy documents that we had thought we should discard and put them in a huge garbage can. However, because I assumed it was illegal and would violate both FOIA and DOJ requests, I kept hard copies of all documents in my office, and I retained all associated computer files.

"I believe we intentionally withheld controversial findings from the final draft of the Pediatrics paper."

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
This is from AoA, but you can bypass the site and go straight to CSPAN, Sen. Posey starts at 1hr 02 mins 29 secs.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327309-1/us-house-morning-hour&live=

Dr Thompson provided a written statement and a transcript of what Dr Posey read is in the comments section of the AoA article. http://www.ageofautism.com/2015/07/...rs-of-2004-mmr-paper-destroyed-documents.html

Here is an excerpt:

@prosciencemum want to make sure you don't miss this!

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
wonder if there will be any follow-up to this story? http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywi...wrong-about-african-american-boys-and-autism/

First, Kennedy once again trots out the beleaguered “CDC whistleblower” William Thompson and Thompson’s claim that unpublished data from a CDC study showed an association between thimerosal in vaccines and autism in African-American boys. What Kennedy omits to note is that analyses of these data don’t show that risk and that a paper alleging to confirm this association was retracted.
Wonder if Emily Willingham was in the room helping to fill the trash can?

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't hold your breath on this being covered by MSM.

As for this:

First, Kennedy once again trots out the beleaguered “CDC whistleblower” William Thompson and Thompson’s claim that unpublished data from a CDC study showed an association between thimerosal in vaccines and autism in African-American boys. What Kennedy omits to note is that analyses of these data don’t show that risk and that a paper alleging to confirm this association was retracted.
It appears Ms Willingham is confused, the 2004 study looked at MMR vaccine and age of administration in relation to autism, nothing to do with thimerosal, any medical journalist worth their salt should know there is no thimerosal in MMR.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath on this being covered by MSM. I'm not!

It appears Ms Willingham is confused, the 2004 study looked at MMR vaccine and age of administration in relation to autism, nothing to do with thimerosal, any medical journalist worth their salt should know there is no thimerosal in MMR.
I didn't realize until recently how many get their info from her! :wink:

·
Registered
18,843 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath on this being covered by MSM.

As for this:

Somehow I don't think she is a real journalist.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I finally watched the video. It's a quick but very disturbing speech.

How on earth do they expect to build trust in vaccines when they behave with so much corruption. Oh. That's right. Who needs trust when we can just get shut-up-and-do-as-you're-told mandates? :eyesroll

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
I just read yesterday on another website about how "we" here are WRONG about this and keep going on and on about it...........yet it is true - makes me wonder when others believe otherwise! :eyesroll
I am not sure what site you are on - but many do the same thing: say Hooker's study was retracted without ever addressing the real issue - that Thompson, a senior researcher at the CDC says significant data was omitted and study protocol was not followed. The CDC has responded, but it was a weak, reactionary "vaccine-are-good" type response as opposed to really looking into the matter (something they owe African American families, in my opinion).

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
A skeptic blog has covered the issue. It has got to be one of the lamest articles written on a skeptic blog, and that is saying a lot. It essentially amounts to Thompson is lying, with no proof he is lying - just supposition. Oh, and Posey is doing this because "anti-vaxxers" (all 0.3% of us) fund his campaign ;)

Also, for kicks, and in this rather short article by Orac, I counted the number of times Orac said crank/quack and conspiracy theory. Ready for it?

quack or Crank: 7
conspiracy theorist (for the win) 8

I guess ad hominem attacks are all you have got when you've got nothing

(I am not going to link it - but it is dated July 30, Orac, on Respectful Insolence if anybody cares)

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for reading the article Kathy. I had assumed that this issue was going to be a tough one for the skeptics.

·
Registered
18,843 Posts
Tough, but don't worry, they'll keep insisting that it is all faked. Like the moon landings!

And those pesky girls in Denmark and Japan who are making up symptoms just to hurt Merck's bottom line.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts