Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ds in 1yo. he got the first one the 30 of january. gave him drops for 5 days (we ´were on vacation). got back home, and 2 days later it was back. alot worse. his ped sent him other drops (antibiotics) and it went away. 2 days ago i think he got it again but went away the next day.

my question is: do you think he may have some sort of allergy, scratches his eyes and gets conguntivitis? what else can he get it from. none of the kids he plays with has it nor their moms. they´ve never mentioned it...i always mention what he has in case someone wants their kid to avoid him or maybe someone in the family also has it. but nothing.

it makes me nervous. i´ve heard of alot of people that loose a bit of their sight because of a recurent conguntivitis. can this really happen?
thank you!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Hmmm. We just recently got over conjunctuvitis, naturally, but I did have ab Rx just in case it didn't clear up quickly. I did massage of the tear duct, warm washcloths, and breastmilk in the eye.

The concerns about conj. from my ped were not that he'd lose his sight, but that he's pass on a totally irritating illness. HTH!

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Hmmm... My ped is fairly mainstream, but he is cautious w/ abx. My ds2 got conjunctivitis when he was about 15 mos or so for the first time. Doc asked me if he went to daycare? No. It was summer, so ds1 wasn't in school. He says, well, then there's no reason to treat it, it will clear up on it's own in 5-10 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.