Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I CD with DD2 after CDing my step-daughter. I liked it, but the lack of support from my fiance and family made it difficult, I got lazy and ruined the whole batch when my babe was about 2 months old. Now I am due July and I would LOVE to CD with this babe, but the initial cost, especially after ruining so many before (I know it was stupid, no need to critisize!), and the with the lack of support I am affraid to even bring it up. What do you suggest I do when going about bringing it up with my fiance, especially the cost? My parents and his parents also like to have the kiddies over for overnight stays, but no one wants to be bothered with the likes of CD's. TIA!

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I'd just do it and start gathering supplies. No one really needs to know and I wouldn't push everyone around me to use cloth too, not at first I mean.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I had zero support here when we started cding - MIL was horrible with her comments,which just made e want to succeed more with cloth. I got lots of pocket diapers, those are the easiest when it came to having dh or MIL take care of the baby.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had no support when I started it, but once everyone realized that was what we were doing, they all got over it..<br><br>
Oh, and ruined some early on myself when I gave up temporarily due to the lack of support (and some serious diarhea)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The cost is far cheaper than having to diaper a baby from infantcy to potty training in disposables.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I brought it up last night to the fiance and he didn't say much, but I did remind him how much moola we would have saved, had we stuck with it with DD2. I think I am just going to surf around for some good deals to get started and see if I can get him to cough up the cash! Patiently keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hi - I completely agree that it may be worth investing in just a few pocket dipaers or AIOs for when others are taking care of the kids. DH was really against the whole idea until I told him that I expected nothing more than to take off the diaper, throw it in the pail, clean up DD, and put on a fresh aplix pocket diaper. No extra steps there! I did ask him to tell me if there was poop so that I could clean it out of the diaper, but after a few weeks, he shamed himself into tipping it into the toilet himself :)<br><br>
If you're only buying a few pockets for that reason, bumgenius may be a good way to go as they are one-size. I'm not a huge fan of OS dipes as they tend to be bulky on littler kiddos, but nobody can argue with the value!!<br><br>
Good for you for wanting to do this despite lack of support :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts