Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
HI! I'm new to the group. I'm approximately 9 weeks and I want to make sure I do this safely and I don't freak my husband out. I'd love to hear some experience talking.

I do have a story. I'm 45. This will be my fourth child. My older children are 20, 21 and 22 years old. Yes, this baby is a miracle/surprise and I can't wait to meet him/her. One of my previous childbirth experiences was awful, complicated by unecessary medical intervention and some inappropriate stuff that happened against my will, so traumatic that I suffer PTSD that has worsened over time. I can't imagine going to a hospital to do it this time unless it's an emergency. We live 45 minutes away from the hospital.

Being 45, having high blood pressure (measured at the doc office and probably high because of my extreme anxiety about medical facilities), I'm considered high risk. At home, surrounded by peace and support, my pressures are within normal range but of course, those aren't part of the official medical record.

I'm imagining this peaceful event with my husband and I together bringing a new life into the world. No audience, no one pushing meds and fluids, no one demanding I lay down and be strapped to a monitor. No strange people touching me. I know it sounds like a dream, I had it two weeks ago and again last night, and I'm holding on to it with all my might.

Does anyone have experience with "high risk pregnancy" or Advanced Maternal Age and unassisted childbirth? I really want to make this happen. I think it'll be a great experience for all involved,and may even help me heal emotionally from the PTSD.
Hello macniki,
With my last child at age 43, I had all three of those situations... "high-risk pregnancy", Advanced Maternal Age and unassisted childbirth. It was a wonderful birth. I would love to share my story with you. Would you like me to send it to you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.