Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LOL is only 4 months old and has already been through the ringer!!!! She came early due to me having diabetes and pre-eclampsia. At 5 days old we were admitted to NICU for jaundice....3 weeks old admitted back for RSV with hypoxia......at 2 months she was diagnosed with Reflux as well as an allergy to my breast milk and soy.....then a week later back to ER bc around her mouth had turned blue, they sent us home and said it was bc of her reflux due to the fact her O2 sats were good. ......then about 3 weeks ago she started coughing, low grade fever, nasal flaring, refractive breathing, grunting and difficulty feeding, chest xray showed bronchiolitis but her sats were still good.....mind you she continues to have several times a day where her mouth turns blue.....last week they did a second chest xray and changed diagnosis to whooping cough.....now bc she continues to have all of these symptoms but sats remain fine, they are having us go to get EKG and Echo?????? I feel like we are on a never ending train.....I just want her to be safe and happy.....has anyone been through anything like this or have any suggestions.....I just need some help!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
So sorry mama...hang in there! Is she still breast feeding?
For allergies...I would look at your diet and perhaps start with some good probiotic foods like kefir and saurkraut. It sounds like she needs her immunity strengthened and that starts in the gut. Building good gut flora is very important. There is a homemade baby formula recipe found on the www.westonaprice.org website plus being a fantastic resource for health through good nutrition. That's where good health starts for you and for baby!

I wish you all the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts