Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this topic has been covered before but I need help helping my DD to poop.<br><br>
DD is 12 months old and BF. She eats a variety of solids - mostly fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, very limited meat, some dairy in the form of cheese. She is very constipated. She will go several days without pooping and then when she does poop it will be with a great deal of effort. Normally, a very small, firm, formed stool.<br><br>
I have increased her fluids by giving her water in a sippy cup. I have given her figs to eat. I have tried BF more frequently and nothing seems to help. I am now at the point that I am thinking this may be a food allergy/intolerance but don't know where to begin. So I need some guidance from mamas who have been there as to how to help her.<br><br>
I am planning on discussing this with the ped at her well child next week but I am afraid that they are going to either write it off as normal BF baby bahavior or tell me stuff I already know like to try prunes.<br><br>
So, has anyone been there done that? ANy tried and true pooping secrets to share?<br><br>
TIA<br>
JM

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I would increase your water and increase her nursings. I might decrease solids, esp. binding solids a bit.<br><br>
good luck!<br><br>
-Angela

1 - 2 of 2 Posts