Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>3.5yo dd poops boulders.  She's rarely had trouble passing them until now.  I did a little research and found that milk can be the culprit AND that she's drinking 3x what she should be.  She absolutely won't decrease her precious milk, so i started cutting it half and half with rice or almond milk, but she's still having trouble with BM's.  Should i convert her completely to rice or almond?  We have a steady, cheap supply of organic raw cows milk, so i hate to switch to something less...natural?  Would that be the word for it?  OR is there something we can give her to make it easier for her to poop?  I'm an all-natural kind of girl, so i hesitate to use meds--particularly long-term--but i really don't know what else to do.  Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
<p>Could you try adding some lifeway kefir to her diet? They have lots of products and flavors.</p>
<p>Try making some oat milk and add that to the milk.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This page might give you some ideas:</p>
<p><a href="http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.aspx?Id=246" target="_blank">http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.aspx?Id=246</a></p>

·
Registered
559 Posts
<p>My son has had ongoing issues with constipation and we've tried so many different things.  The one that is working for us right now is a paste I make and he has an 1/8-1/4 of a cup a day.  You might want to start off smaller and add more as needed.</p>
<p>I take equal amounts of raisins, dates, figs and prunes and add some water and simmer of the stove for a while until it is a paste.  I always need to add more water throughout.  I use a hand blender at the end to make it a bit smoother.  He loves the paste, it's very sweet.</p>
<p>Another thing we tried was aloe vera juice, if you google it you will find the quantities to take.  It's pretty flavourless and can be added in a smoothie or juice.  It was helpful too.</p>
<p>Hope that helps.</p>

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
<p>We actually buy prunes and let dd eat those.. They have a kind where they are indivually wrapped...makes it like a treat/candy. DD loves them.</p>

·
Registered
136 Posts
<p>What about flax oil/seeds added to smoothies?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
<p>If your LO is intolerant of dairy, then reducing it probably won't cause any improvement. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could also try increasing magnesium, some people need more than others and for some of those, constipation results when they don't get enough mag.  Not cal+mag, just mag alone. </p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts