able to have a good bm it makes me so bloated and then I am hugry all day
but I can't eat bc I feel so bloated then that makes me feel naseous....I
just wish I could get back regular. I have been taking stool softeners and
it isn't doing anything for me at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for
bad constipation?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do I ever! I was feeling exactly like you and was so miserable until I started Floradix, the iron/b vitamin supplement. I cannot say enough about how much better and more energized I feel. No more bellyaches! I got mine at Whole Foods, but you can get it online too.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I would also say to avoid foods that are constipating (cheese is a biggie) and to make sure you're eating plenty of high-fiber foods (whole grains, fruits, veggies--maybe some prunes while you're at it). You can track your fiber intake at www.fitday.com. The bare MINIMUM an adult is supposed to be consuming is 25g/day, but most American eat only about half that.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
Visiting from the November club...

My prenatals made me constipated because of the iron. So did cheese and too much processed food. Floradix makes and awesome whole food and herb liquid iron and B vit combo supplement. Kept my iron and hemoglobin levels perfect all through my pregnancy even though I switched from prenatals to reg multi vits early on.

As for the constipation... well, fresh carrot juice and apple cider always work for me

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I drink as much water as I can bc that is what I am craving to drink most of the
time as long as it's ice water can't handle tap water. I am dying for some good fruit
I LOVE grapes, mangos, pears, peaches, oranges sometimes, I like most all fruit but
I just can't find any that taste good we don't have a good produce store around here
so IDK where to get some. I am going to have to get me some prunes tomorrow but
they usually just give me gas.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have been sooo constipated. I drink tons of water and that wasn't doing the trick. So now every morning I've been eating a big bowl of multi grain hot cereal (I get it a Trader Joe's... it looks like old fashioned oats with extra whole grains) with chopped up prunes or raisins. My mom recommends a couple of tablespoon of stabilized rice bran (from Bob's Red mill) in chocolate milk. Not bad, but a little thick if you don't keep stirring it.

Also, the pears and plums as a snack. I feel like I'm training for some sort of poop marathon, by eating like this... but it does help.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
"constipation, why?"

Because god hates me that's why <sarcastic, and also frustrated>

I know that one can avoid it by eating enough fiber and drinking enough water. The dratted morning sickness is getting, if anything, worse. I cannot tolerate eating high-fiber things. They make me sick. I made whole-grain spaghetti tonight (one serving=6grams=25%), and was soooo sick after and still am not feeling good.

The worst part is, roughage may be good for the intestines, but my throat is starting to bleed from throwing up. I'd rather stick to smooth, semi-liquidy things. But then I feel worse....

Gah, this is very much not fun.
I'm hoping my midwife has some suggestions.
I wasn't in fabulous health before getting pg, and am getting really frustrated. How am I gonna be able to handle life with a kid if I can't even handle pregnancy? How am I ever gonna be able to have more than one kid if i'm gonna be this sick when pg?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.