Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby seems to have bad constipation every night. It was really bad last night, we were up till 4 am with her. Tonight it seems to be happening again, why does it happen every night. I was very careful about what I ate today and she didn't even nurse as much as normal, I think she was exhausted from last night. She slept alot today. What can I do for her, the usual doesn't work, bouncing, laying on tummy, patting back, rubbing tummy, baths, etc. Someone suggested an enema to me but I don't know if this is a good idea or not. What should I do?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My DD has low tone and usually goes a couple days between BM's. I have found infant massage to be a huge help to get things moving down there. The belly massages really seem to work. We have also used glycerin suppositories - those always work, but you don't want to use them too often.

Good luck. I know how miserable it can be.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Is your baby constipated (have hard stools) or just having pain when pooping? Bfd babies are rarely constipated, but can have gas or pain when trying to poop. If stools are hard, you may want to call dr (or LLL or LC) because it is not the norm in bfd babies.

If baby is having pain/gas, have you tried Mylacon drops? They help some babies. Hope you get it resolved!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mylicon drops don't seem to work all that well. She definately has pain when pooping but her stools are not "hard". They are definately thicker than normal. I wouldn't think having so much pain she screams and screams to where all the usual things that give her comfort don't even work a little bit during that time is normal...=(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.