Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to branch out from my vinegar/water/EO cleaners and start making some softscrub for the tubs, some furniture polish, etc. But I can't find bottles to put them in. I've checked Target, the hardware stores, beauty supply, etc. for empty bottles I could use but I'm not having any luck. Any good online suppliers? I'm particularly looking for some type of squirt bottle/flip-top lid bottle for holes that won't clog easily. I'd prefer not to have plastic ones but would use them if that is all I can find.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
They are plastic, but I like to use the squirt bottles in the kitchen section. Liek the one ketchup and mustard go into. They run about a dollar a piece adn many of the come with a little "lid" to go over th tip of the bottle.<br><br>
Non plastic.....All I can think of is maybe trying soap dispensers, the pump kind.<br><br>
For my dishsoap (I use store bought but dilute it) I put it in a rootbeer bottle and stick a liquor pour spout in it. That might work for some of your thinner cleaners. (I also use this for my HM shampoo)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I use heavy-duty plastic spray bottles for my spray concoctions. It's the kind that is suitable for chemical cleaners, you can find some at Costco or the garden section. I'll use smaller travel sized ones for personal use, but use bigger industrial spray bottles for cleaning.<br><br>
I reuse Arm and Hammer baking soda's plastic shaker container - you can find them in the baking section. Alternatively, you can use glass parmesan/chili pepper containers for powdered cleaners (you, know, the glass kind that holds parmesan cheese at Pizza Hut). You can find those in the baking products aisle at Walmart or Target or other stores.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've kept and washed out bottles from not-as-natural stuff, like Windex or dish soap. I just peeled off the old labels, or crossed out with marker, and relabeled. I figure its better than throwing them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts