Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spaced my DS's first selective shots out by several weeks and he had no reactions to any of them luckily. Now since there was no reaction, my pedi wants to give him the combo Pediarix shot... should I continue to space out the same shots or is the combo shot now relatively "safe" since he had no reactions? Does the combo have a different element than the individual shots?<br><br>
Rachel

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Reactions can happen at any time and usually don't happen until later into a vax series. Not having had one yet doesn't mean that one won't happen (and I'm not saying it will either).<br><br>
The other problem is, what do you consider a reaction? Something that happens with in the first hour? day? week? year?<br><br>
I would never recommend a combo shot for all sorts of reasons. But since you seem mostly concerned with reactions. If/when one does happen with a combo vax, you won't know which part caused it. So you'll be left with either not vaxing again, or risking an even worse reaction the next time.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Well, all I know is potential for reactivity increases with each consecutive shot, so I would probably want to continue to space them out so IF there is a reaction, you might know which shot it was from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts