Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i don't see my midwife for another week for our first appt. and so far she has not been real quick at returning calls.(i am really trying to assume this is just because the season is so busy.)<br>
We live in Minnesota and it is really really cold this week. We have had 2 snowstorms and at is just really miserable. I have a part time job and sometimes I work until 10pm or so, and last week when I walked out of the warm building and into the cold I had a ctx, and them another one when I got into the car. They seemed to go away after that. Last night, same thing, but i probably had a total of 5 in a half hour drive home. This morning I was having a donut and a cup of tea and i had another one.<br>
Contractions kinda freak me out because I always have a little bit of a rapid heartbeat for a few seconds before and after. I am 15 weeks along...is this normal?

·
Registered
774 Posts
are they BH contrax or real ones? 5 BH in a half-hour is too much either way, but it's good that they went away. i have BH continuously through pregnancy (but usually not more than 2 an hour, just prettty constantly), so i know it's ok for my body, but everyone is different.<br><br>
if i were you, and my dr or midwife didn't call back right away about contrax, i'd find a new one. i don't think there's any excuse for taking your time to call a patient back when she has a concern, no matter how busy you are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts