Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to buy a convertible for my 7 mo old. I have been looking at the Britax Boulevard or Marathon. I have been leaning toward the Boul. because of the side impact protection and no tangle straps. Are these features worth the extra money? Are there advantages to either one besides what I mentioned? Has anyone installed the seats in a volvo S70 1998 or a frontier truck crew cab rear seat? Does anyone know what the deal is with tethering them in a car (the volvo) that does not come with factory installed anchors? Are there any other convertible seats that you know work well in either of these cars or that you would recommend over the britaxes for other reasons. Thanks. Jade

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
we love our blvd. I think the SIP is worth it and the infinite harness is definitely worth it! I don't ever have to rethread the straps and it is very easy to put a different child in the seat if I need to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When is the new true fit coming out? I can buy more time his peg perego infant seat which is rated to 30 lbs or 30 inches, but he could use something more comfy. What are its advantages over the Boulevard?

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
CSN baby lists a ship date of 6/11/2009.

As for tethering, for the rfing tether (on the Blvd or MA) you use a loop that they send with the seat and wrap it around any stable structural part of the car behind the seat. There are instruction in the manual. For ffing, you'll have to get a tether installed.

As for the 2 seats (if you go with them), it's really a personal decision. If the seat will be in the middle, the SIP is less important than on the side. The blvd also has a slightly lower harness height than the MA due to the infinite adjustable harness. Personally, I think the MA has adequate SIP without the wings, but if I could get a blvd at a similar price I probably would upgrade.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
CSN baby lists a ship date of 6/11/2009.

As for tethering, for the rfing tether (on the Blvd or MA) you use a loop that they send with the seat and wrap it around any stable structural part of the car behind the seat. There are instruction in the manual. For ffing, you'll have to get a tether installed.

As for the 2 seats (if you go with them), it's really a personal decision. If the seat will be in the middle, the SIP is less important than on the side. The blvd also has a slightly lower harness height than the MA due to the infinite adjustable harness. Personally, I think the MA has adequate SIP without the wings, but if I could get a blvd at a similar price I probably would upgrade.
I agree on the equal-ness of the seats
My main reason now for choosing the blvd over the marathon is no rethreading (and uninstalling, reinstalling...)

-Angela

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards getting the new true fit when it comes out. Albee baby has a Bvld on sale for $215, but the true fit seems to have some aqdditional benefits regardless of price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.