Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Does anyone know what convertible car seats will work well for an infant in a small car?  Most of what I can find by googling seems to be more for either infants in large cars or for toddlers in small cars.  I think I'm correct in my thinking that for a convertible car seat to be okay for a newborn it is more tilted than for a toddler and therefore would take up more back seat space?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We have a 2006 Golf.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a very confused mama to be! </p>

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
<p>Combi Coccoro (tiny seat), Compass TrueFit (headrest can be removed up to 22#, so seat is shorter when it needs to be more reclined), Maxi Cosi Pria (unique infant insert allows seat to be upright but newbie to be reclined).</p>

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use the Combi Coccoro in my Jeep Wrangler - nothing else fits that I know of, and it works great! It's a pain to install properly, but otherwise no issues.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I think chickabiddy summed it up.<br><br>
I really like the truefit in my 1997 civic. No way could I rf a larger seat. I'm short too, so the seat isn't that far back either.<br>
As for the Others, Didn't know about the pria when I bought mine and wanted a seat to last longer than the coccoro.<br>
I plan on only needing a booster after the tf.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
<p>The Pria is relatively new.  There may be good reason you didn't know about it when you bought your seat. :)</p>

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  I should have mentioned I'm in Canada.  It looks like the TrueFit is available up here, but not the others mentioned.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does anyone have any other suggestions they know are sold in Canada?</p>

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
<p>I bought a First Year's True Fit and used it from birth. Although DS was 10lbs, I bet he still would have fit if he were smaller. They say they fit babies from 7 or 8 lbs and most of the reviews I read said that people agreed with this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for your smaller car, I have a Honda Fit and this fits in my car just fine. I went to car-seat.org and did a search for my car model and the car seat I wanted, and there were a few reviews of the fit.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts