Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Of course, i have NT by SF, but my husband and i are looking for cookbooks that are 'traditional' to our specific ethnic background--scandinavian. Do any of you know of, have, or use scandinavian cookbooks? i have a few recipes from some sovenier books i've picked up, and a few that i got from friends over there, but i'm having trouble finding cookbooks in english.

any suggestions would be great! thanks!

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

i've only seen the show once--and i didn't know what it was called so i found it really difficult to look up!

i can't wait to 'adopt' a number of these recipes!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I had an unreal book called "Kitchen of Light" out from the library which was on scandanavian cookery. It's not specifically NT but a lot of the recipes are NT compatible & you can NTise the rest once you know the principles. I haven't looked at the link the pp posted but the guy who wrote the book does live in America & has his own TV show so it may be him?

Another book I had out of the library was called something like european peasant cookery & was by Elizabeth Luard I think. There are some scandanavian recipes in there which are relatively NT. Altho' it also has recipes from the rest of europe too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts