Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My friend has a 5yo dd that can't have gluten, dairy, soy, or eggs and she is wondering what she can do to make a good cookie.  I guess their attempts at cookies keep turning out greasy and flat.  I am a baker, but too chicken to try gf stuff, so I am not the most help to her in this instance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm assuming not all gf flours and egg replacers are created equal, do you ahve any favorite recommendations?  And what is the common sub for butter in things like cookies?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help is appreciated, TIA!</p>

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
<p>Nuts aren't on the list, so if those are ok, it sounds like a but flour or just a chopped-nut base for a cookie might be a really good way to go.</p>

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
<p>Lard is really wonderful in cookies.  Without eggs mine usually turn out greasy and flat too, but I love them that way.  I also can't use egg replacer because we're allergic to flax, so perhaps it would be different with that.  I usually make pumpkin seed flour cookies with just lard, flour maple syrup and a bit of salt and baking soda.  They would probably rise more with baking powder though.</p>

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
<p>DD is dairy and corn free, so I can't help with everything. I've been using coconut oil to replace the butter or shortening in most recipes. I can't help with the eggs,gluten...</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
<p>Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" cookbook is great...the people's choice chocolate chip cookie recipe is amazing!!!!  All recipes are free of the top 8 allergens.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts