Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this in the Nutrition and Good Eating forum, but thought it might help folks here too!

My 20 month old ds can't have eggs, dairy, chocolate, or tomatoes. He is getting to an age where he gets upset if we won't share what we're eating with him, so I'm exploring my recipes from my days of very restricted diet during pregnancy and breastfeeding babies with tummy troubles. I just made some cookies that are really yummy, and thought I'd share (you could easily eliminate the nuts in this recipe):

1/2 cup Earth Balance spread -- I would have used walnut oil if I'd had it in the house

1 cup (a little less) maple syrup -- they are plenty sweet, so 3/4 or 2/3 cup would probably do it

1/2 cup applesauce

1/3 cup molasses -- if you don't like molasses flavor, I would use less or omit

1-2 t vanilla -- I didn't measure

[beat all of the above together]

2 cups brown rice flour

1 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

1 t cinnamon

[mix the above together and add to wet ingredients, beat well]

[stir in]

2 cups gluten free rolled oats

1 cup raisins

1 cup chopped raw walnuts

Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees F. Let cool on the cookie sheet or carefully pull the parchment off onto the counter to cool. Yum!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.