Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat creepy, too. We caught a lethocerus americanus (a 3.5 inch water bug) last week and tonight we dropped a fish into his tank. He ate it right in front of us!
DD1 is very impressed with her science bug, and I am, too.
http://concordiaclassicalacademy.blogspot.com/
Pics there if anyone is interested.

Anyone else like the bugs?

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had to update- the bug ate another fish just now! If these live in your area they are super fun for kids- just don't let them get stung.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, no one else thinks a fish eating bug is nifty?
:

I feel like a geek. A bug geek.

·
Registered
631 Posts
That is very cool. My ds8 would LOVE to see that. Where did you catch the waterbug? I think I'd freak out if I saw one of those just walking around somewhere. What else does it eat? Do you have to buy little fish for it all the time now. Ick, lol.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citymomx3 View Post
That is very cool. My ds8 would LOVE to see that. Where did you catch the waterbug? I think I'd freak out if I saw one of those just walking around somewhere. What else does it eat? Do you have to buy little fish for it all the time now. Ick, lol.
We found it in a lake up here, swimming around. It also will eat frogs, but the idea of feeding it frogs is worse then fish, at least to me.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by theretohere View Post
Wow, no one else thinks a fish eating bug is nifty?
:

I feel like a geek. A bug geek.
omg, my daughter would LOVE a bug like that.
She's currently obsessed with all kinds of bugs and critters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.