Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of us are feeling totally exhausted, but how do you cope? I am someone who likes the house very neat and I like to feel like I'm on top of things. Well right now my laundry room is overflowing with clean but unfolded laundry, my house is messy, and I really want to get busy but I feel so, so very tired. I'm not a big napper so I tend to just sit! Not a good move. Granted we had company all weekend so that's not helping...now there's just more to do! I'm lucky in the sense that I'm done teaching and school is out but I still have my fourteen month old and graduate classes twice a week. My nausea isn't too bad but fatigue is terrible! Please share how you cope!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I know you want to get everything done but taking care of yourself is important too. Maybe your DH could help with a few things around the house and split some chores and let you rest a little more than normal. My DH does this and I feel a lot less tired this time around. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
My DH is just having to do everything that gets done. I literally can't do anything. When I try to it makes me throw up more.

Mostly we're ignoring a lot of the chores. Try to let your standards slide and/or if you have the money, have a housecleaner come and do the cleaning for you till you feel better.

For your little one, call some friends with kids around the same age and have them come over and help entertain so you get a break. You could also ask that your friend bring you something to eat or do a small chore while they're at your house. It sounds like a lot to ask, but if you agree to do the same for them when they are in need, it's no big deal. Just think if a friend asked you for help...of course you'd be willing! Assume they're willing rather than seeing it as an imposition. Moms feel good when they get a chance to help other moms.

My DD is 4 and preschool ended recently, so I'm going to have her spend some time at friends' houses so she doesn't get so bored. I'm part of a babysitting coop that my good friend organized, so we exchange coupons for each hour of care (it's great - alleviates guilt and keeps things fair).

Warmly,
Carol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts