Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to the homebirth board. I just had my first homebirth experience with my fourth child on May 26th. It was for the most part the wonderful birth I had always imagined. It was very calm and sweet aside from the last 20 minutes and a lip that seemed it would never go away

I was just wondering if any one else out there had the cord break during delivery or had heard of it. When my DD just shot out of me and into the tub, her cord broke. I didn't know it at the time and felt her come shooting out, saw her between my legs and scooped her out of the water myself. It was a great experience. My wonderful midwives jumped in immediately and clamped the cord on the baby and the one coming out of me before I even knew what had happened. One said she had never seen that happen, the other had only once in her 30 years of practice. I was just curious if anyone else had this happen.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Interesting....I have never heard of that...
:

Congrats on your waterbirth!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.