Mothering Forum banner
461 - 480 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
We need @teacozy to pop up again and explain the true meaning of "anti-vax". According to teacozy, @Turquesa is anti-vax.
Indeed I’d like to hear that. As a select delay vaccine parent / adult - it appears current official lingo paints me as anti vax? It appears to be an all or nothing rhetoric. If you don’t take all on time you’re a bad anti vaxx human. That’s my takeaway from every single article in the media these days.
(And: I strongly believe this to be an individual decision. I respect people who vaccinate fully on schedule, as well as people who stay vaccine free. It’s none of my business to care nor know what everyone else does. )

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Indeed I’d like to hear that. As a select delay vaccine parent / adult - it appears current official lingo paints me as anti vax? It appears to be an all or nothing rhetoric. If you don’t take all on time you’re a bad anti vaxx human. That’s my takeaway from every single article in the media these days.
(And: I strongly believe this to be an individual decision. I respect people who vaccinate fully on schedule, as well as people who stay vaccine free. It’s none of my business to care nor know what everyone else does. )
yes, simply having ONE question about the covid vaccine makes one immediately anti-vax, even if you took all others recommended -- you are supposed to live by the scary MSM headlines I have been posting.

There....aren't you very afraid now? There's disease alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over just waiting for and seeking out THE ONE individual in millions that did not take whatever vaccine was pushed/coerced.
Oh, you didn't take this year's flu vaccine but you took all others? You must have turned anti-vax. You're going to die from the flu this year.
You declined the HPV for your child, but gave all others? You must be anti-vax. Your child will be the one who gets cancer.

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·

how many years was this stuff out before the recall?
Hormone replacement therapy lasted 30 years, and Triclosan in hand-soaps about the same.

And then there is Round-up.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
209 Posts

how many years was this stuff out before the recall?
Probably a long time. Many people aren’t aware of the EWG database to screen their cosmetics for harmful substances. Obviously FDA approved means nothing. Tons of gross stuff besides benzene are actually allowed in cosmetics. Parabens come to mind. Or fragrance in pampers. Just to name a few. Most people think everything sold at the store is safe, when this is very far from the truth.

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Regular mainstream medical doctor realizes that all drug studies done by drug companies are faked. Do drug trials underestimate side effects? He gets upset.
Yes, that's right, so the easiest solution, if you want to avoid finding nasty side effects, is to not report them, regardless of which treatment group the participant is in. That will cut down on total adverse events in both groups, which will make any difference between the groups that does exist smaller in absolute terms, and also less likely to reach the level of statistical significance. Voila - the treatment group and the placebo group end up having similar rates of side effects, and the drug company can conclude that the drug is completely safe.

Is that what's happened here? Are the pharmaceutical companies hiding adverse events? Well, it's very strange that the real world data shows a rate of serious adverse events that is several times higher than is found in the trials. It's hard to see how that massive difference could be explained in any other way.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
He’s quite a critical one. He’s been called a quack which is like a badge of honor for truth these days 🤪
Quack = medical practitioner who looks at actual data and asks awkward questions :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
This is such practical, sound public health policy that I can't imagine it being adopted in the US, or any country that puts corporate interests first. From The Guardian's updating Covid news feed:

...other experts have called for a more holistic approach, alongside vaccination, to safeguarding obese people from Covid. A wraparound set of policies to increase access to healthier food options relative to unhealthier options while encouraging exercise would appear a sensible and long-sighted public health measure during a pandemic that hits obese people much harder, they say.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
This is such practical, sound public health policy that I can't imagine it being adopted in the US, or any country that puts corporate interests first. From The Guardian's updating Covid news feed:
especially when all the ads out there show obese people...smh.....(in the US)
i can imagine the uproar now, over being unable to purchase pork skins, bacon, sausage, or fast food.

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
especially when all the ads out there show obese people...smh.....(in the US)
i can imagine the uproar now, over being unable to purchase pork skins, bacon, sausage, or fast food.
Actually, the main cause of obesity is sugar, especially refined sugar. I stopped worrying about fat a few years ago and lost weight by eliminating sugar and wheat without much effort. Since I started eating the occasional cookie, gosh, the weight came back...

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 ·
I'm reading a book about the history and science around Fluoridation. Very depressing. A lot of the strategies used to force through vaccine mandates over the last 10 or 15 years were pioneered by the fluoride pushers and liars. The Case against Fluoride by Paul Connett | Chelsea Green Publishing

Anyway, this story fits this thread, perfectly. As I read the book I keep saying to myself: "pro-vaccine people in this very forum have used these exact arguments to defend vaccines!"

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Actually, the main cause of obesity is sugar, especially refined sugar. I stopped worrying about fat a few years ago and lost weight by eliminating sugar and wheat without much effort. Since I started eating the occasional cookie, gosh, the weight came back...
sugar, HFCS, and fattening fast food, all of which contain ----- sugar.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Currently eliminating sugar from my diet, too. As well as making sure any calories I consume are from unprocessed foods. It's amazing how fast my "belly fat" is shrinking!

·
Registered
108 Posts
One strategy I think would be enormously effective in preventing future pandemics and combatting this one is to take away federal funding from factory farms. Without subsidies, many of these places would shut down. It's well known that the close quarters of factory farms are a breeding ground for disease, which could mutate and become transmissable to humans.

With that money, we could subsidise fruit and vegetable farms, making these crops mlre affordable and accessible to everyone. Fruit and veg are good sources of antioxidants, which iffer immune benefits. With stronger immune systems, people would suffer fewer complications from covid. Not to mention that fruit and veg helps combat and prevent many of the conditions which put people at greater risk in the first place.

Any extra money from fruit and veg subsidies could be out into the healthcare system, making healthcare (mental and physical) affordable and accessible to all.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
U.S. Kids Chowed Down on Highly Processed Foods

In a cross-sectional analysis of over 30,000 U.S. children and adolescents, ultraprocessed foods made up 61.4% of the estimated total energy consumption in 1999 but increased to 67% by 2018 (difference 5.6%, 95% CI 3.5-7.7%, P<0.001 for trend), according to Fang Fang Zhang, MD, PhD, of Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University in Boston, and colleagues.
Black and Mexican-American youth both had significantly larger uptakes in the estimated percentage of energy from consumption of ultraprocessed foods, from 62.2% to 72.5% and from 55.8% to 63.5%, respectively, compared with non-Hispanic White youths from 63.4% to 68.6%.

Anyone ever notice fast food commercials have ALL overweight people in them, including children??? and, most do not show white overweight children, for fast food....
i did see a commercial for healthy eating featuring a white child, wondering if salad was 'going to taste good, and if they would 'like' it'....then the kid acts as though she NEVER tasted salad before in her life, exclaiming 'it's good!''....smh....

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
One strategy I think would be enormously effective in preventing future pandemics and combatting this one is to take away federal funding from factory farms. Without subsidies, many of these places would shut down. It's well known that the close quarters of factory farms are a breeding ground for disease, which could mutate and become transmissable to humans.

With that money, we could subsidise fruit and vegetable farms, making these crops mlre affordable and accessible to everyone. Fruit and veg are good sources of antioxidants, which iffer immune benefits. With stronger immune systems, people would suffer fewer complications from covid. Not to mention that fruit and veg helps combat and prevent many of the conditions which put people at greater risk in the first place.

Any extra money from fruit and veg subsidies could be out into the healthcare system, making healthcare (mental and physical) affordable and accessible to all.
Factory farms = corporate tax cuts, and other bene's for the feds.....not gonna happen cutting them out, unfortunately.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Factory farms = corporate tax cuts, and other bene's for the feds.....not gonna happen cutting them out, unfortunately.
Agreed. They won’t.
To truly help Americans you’d have to cut this funding. Subsidize organic veggie farms to grow things in season. Heck even tax sodas and crappy snacks if that makes you happy. Thing is crap foods are cheaper than healthy foods so the only way people can access healthier foods is via pricing. The crap food industry (factory farming, hfcs, inhumane animal holding) has lots of lobby power against this.

·
Registered
439 Posts
More US regulatory bull***t. The EPA should rename itself.

EPA is Falsifying Risk Assessments for Dangerous Chemicals, Say Whistleblowers
Whistleblowers say the US Environmental Protection Agency has been falsifying dangerous new chemicals’ risk assessments in an effort to make the compounds appear safe and quickly approve them for commercial use.
Over the past five years, the EPA has not rejected any new chemicals submitted by industry despite agency scientists flagging dozens of compounds for high toxicity. Four EPA whistleblowers and industry watchdogs say a revolving door between the agency and chemical companies is to blame, and that the program’s management has been “captured by industry”.
The charges are supported by emails, documents and additional records that were provided to the Guardian.
Documents show that cases in which scientists and industry were at odds were labeled “hair on fire”, and taken over by a manager who would expedite the approval process and overrule EPA chemists.
Managers’ motivation appeared to be financial, Bennett said. They regularly bounce between the EPA and industry, and the access to the EPA helps them land lucrative private sector jobs. “They’re selling their soul,” Bennett said. “It’s money, it’s greed, but it doesn’t make sense. Don’t these people have any children or grandchildren? Don’t they care?”
The chemical industry has regularly objected to EPA scientists’ conclusions about the dangers of new chemicals, and whistleblowers say it was clear that companies were pressuring management to make changes
The problem is systemic. We need to get industry out of government, out of regulation. The fox does not get to guard the chicken coop.
The whistleblowers say similar problems existed during the Obama administration, accelerated under Trump, and have persisted under Biden.

461 - 480 of 499 Posts